An International perspective of Scope, Context, Organization Of services & Practices in Paediatric Physiotherapy
The broad scope of pediatric physiotherapy practices with children has never been explored from an international perspective.
The aims of this study were to:
- Document the scope and context of practices of pediatric physiotherapy in as many countries as possible
- Identify current and innovative practices in pediatric physiotherapy
- Participants were recruited online, via social media and via email campaigns undertaken by national physiotherapy associations that are members of the World Confederation of Physical Therapy
- Participants were asked to complete an online survey exploring all key aspect of physiotherapy practice, work context and training
- Some participants took part in interviews to further explore these themes on country-wide or region-wide levels
- 1133 physiotherapists working with children in 76 countries around the world participated in the data collection
- Results show the great diversity of practices and contexts in pediatric physiotherapy, as summarized in this infographic
- Infographic presenting the main study findings
- Link to the IOPTP’s website
- Link to the main ICSO-R-pedsPT survey describing pediatric physiotherapy practice at the work setting level
- Link to the ICSO-R-pedsPT Macro survey describing pediatric physiotherapy practice at the « macro » level
- Report on the development of the ICSO-R-pedsPT and ICSO-R-pedsPT Macro surveys
If you want to stay informed of our activities and receive newsletters from the SCOOPPP research team, please join our mailing list. If you want to contact us, please send us an email at: email@example.com.